Tahoe Jack’s Adventure Authority is currently seeking an Adventure Guide for our 2017 Summer Season. We are seeking fun, self motivated individuals that are capable of thinking on their feet and have a solid background in most, if not all of the types of activities we offer. Previous guiding experience is sought after, however it is not necessary for the right individual. We are seeking individuals that eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors year round. The summer position will be on a trial basis. At the end of the Summer we will evaluate performance and invite those who show potential to stay with us year round.
The position entails taking client’s out to participate in various activities, offering instruction, looking after their safety and adapting to the various needs and requirements on each adventure/tour/expedition.
- Must live in South Lake Tahoe area. (No Exceptions)
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs. (Dragging Kayaks up beaches is not as easy as it sounds)
- Available daily with minimal notice.
- Have the ability to think on your feet.
- Be a self starter.
- Must have valid Drivers License and a clean driving record.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Lake Tahoe area. It’s trail systems, waters, beaches, etc.
- Must posses a fun, energetic, outgoing personality.
- Must be in great physical shape. The activities we run can be very physically demanding.
- Rock Climbing Experience
- Certifications – AMGA, WFR, CPR, EMT, AIARE, etc.
A FEW NOTES
This is not a full time position. Please do not rely on this position as your only source of income. Bookings can vary drastically depending on weather, demand and time of year. This is a tourism based business, therefore, it is important to realize that we will experience fluctuations. This is the perfect job for someone who works evenings and is seeking side income and would like to work in the outdoors throughout the Summer.
Pay is based on a per tour basis. Typical pay ranges from $100 – $150 per tour and an average tour lasts approximately 4 hours. All tips / gratuities received from client’s are yours to keep.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please email a resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Get me Outside” in the Subject Line.
We will review each and every resume and follow up with those we wish to interview. The position will be filled by May 30th at the latest. Please do not call our offices inquiring about the position. If we are interested, you will hear from us. If you do have questions please utilize the email address above.